Monday, January 7, 2013

52 Weeks of Drawings - Week 1


I've been wanting to practice drawing more since about forever, but it's one of those things I keep procrastinating on. So when a friend linked me to The Paper Mama's 52 Weeks of Drawings challenge, I thought it was the perfect occasion, especially because one drawing per week seems more manageable than a drawing a day. 

So yes, I know I'll probably skip some weeks (or maybe replace some of the prompts) but at least I want to try. Don't expect anything amazing, I'm mostly doodling and I'm pretty rusty, I just want to keep a trace. 

Week one prompt was "your choice" so I randomly started doodling and ended up drawing Totoro. After inking I decided to add a bit of color but it turned up the paper of the Canson Sketchbook was a bit too thin to take watercolor well, hence the waving of the paper. Still I'm pretty ok with the result, and practicing feels good.




{materials: Canson sketchbook, 0.5 mechanical pencil, black F pitt pen, koi watercolors}

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your project! I'm sure you'll do it! :)

    Also, I love your drawing :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! And that's an awesome drawing, I'm excited to see more of what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete